Friday, June 02, 2006

 
The James White/Tom Ascol and Caner Brothers Debate

Why are all the Calvinists out there putting out so many things about this debate before it even starts? I see so many blogs out there acting as if James has already won the debate. When I went searching for this debate on the Caner's website I found nothing about it. And yet, when I went to White's site I am almost overwhelmed with all of the background info about this debate. I think White crossed the line when he disclosed his personal email correspondence with Dr. Caner. He really seemed to bully his way into getting Caner to debate with him.

I am curious to know why I don't see too much about White's debate with Bob Wilkini on the Calvinist blogs. It seemed like White was not prepared for the debate. It sounded like he was expecting to be able to build his Arminian straw man so he could easily knock it down. Poor White had to act as if Bob was hurting his feelings by claiming White wasn't really preaching sola fide. Poor White! And White was probably shocked at Wilkin's response to his John 6:44 comment and 1 John comments.

Finally, White said that we would need to slow the tapes. He repeated this a few times, obviously frustrated. Poor Whitey!

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?